Henley Hall, two and a half miles from Ludlow, is a Grade II* listed building and lies in the idyllic surroundings of an 18th-century landscape park and 19th-century formal gardens.
The landscape park was laid out in the late 18th century while the formal gardens were created by Edmund Thomas Wedgwood Wood after he bought the site in 1874. They include Pulmanite rockwork.
Notable features include a Ha-Ha, an Elizabethan listed dovecote and walled garden. There is also a former sunken garden created by Italian prisoners of war. The estate is surrounded by yew hedges, although the original yew maze has been lost.
We are in the process of researching the history of Henley Hall and the families who lived there.